The Conference at a glance
Click on each day for a summarised schedule
Working Together for Wellbeing
An Invitation to all Delegates - Resources for Artists Promoting the Mental Health of Children and Young People
Wednesday 17 November, 5.30pm
Carillo Gantner Theatre, Sidney Myer Asia Centre
An Initiative of the Festival for Healthy Living Program, Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne
Conference delegates are invited to the launch of a new set of digital and online resources, including a short documentary film, developed specifically for artists promoting the mental health of children and young people.
The launch will take place in the Carillo Gantner Theatre, at the Sidney Myer Asia Centre, at 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 November 2010.
This ongoing set of resources captures some of the approaches developed by the Artists' Training Program, an action research initiative by the Festival for Healthy Living program of the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne.
The Training Program was established in 2008 as a result of the growing collaborative practice between artists, teachers and health professionals engaged in the Festival's mental health promotion program in schools and communities across Victoria.
Part of the work of the Artists' Training Program has also been to explore the challenges that can arise when professionals from different paradigms endeavour to work together.
With the support of the Australia Council for the Arts and health, arts and education partners, the Training Program has developed a learning approach based on knowledge-exchange and creative, collaborative practice.
Over 50 Victorian artists have participated in the program, alongside invited teachers and health professionals who are committed to integrating the arts into their work with children and young people. Participants in the program have described it as inspiring and significant in expanding their understandings, skills and intentions to grow further collaborations.
- Pre-conference Workshops
- Official Opening and Welcome Reception
- Plenary Session 1 Arts and Health in Hospitals
- Morning Breakout Sessions
- Plenary Session 2 Arts and Community Health
- Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Working Together for Wellbeing - Launch of Resources for Artists - Promoting the Mental Health of Children and Young People
- Morning Plenary Session 3 Mental Health, Creative Ageing and the Arts
- Breakout Sessions
- Plenary Session 4 Mental Health and the Arts
- Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Alan Hopgood AM, playwright and actor, presents My Dog Has StripesA Health Play about Depression, sponsored by beyondblue
- Announcement of Priority Recommendations from the Conference Delegation for presentation to Government
- Arts and Health Australia Awards for Excellence 2010
- Plenary Session 5 Caring for the Patient and the Caregiver
- Conference Finale: Highlights of "Hey Florence!" - A Musical about the World of Nursing
- Conference Closing Remarks
- Celebration Networking Lunch
- Post Conference Evaluation Workshop